GENERAL STUDIES THEMES
* All programs DIRECTLY RELATE to state standards for all grades and take place in the classroom and/or a local museum.
* You can choose classroom programs, museum tours, or both.
* Classroom programs include a slide discussion and a hands-on art workshop at your institution.
* Museum tours include gallery discussions and sketching activities at a local museum.
* Our programs are always about the process and not the product. Mummies and Masterpieces educators never lecture to students. Instead, we explore, discuss, wonder, and create TOGETHER.
PLEASE SEE OUR LIST OF PROGRAMS BELOW AND CHOOSE THE BEST FIT FOR YOUR STUDENTS! FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR SUGGESTIONS!
FOR OUR YOUNGER STUDENTS: Nursery-3rd Grade
Once Upon a Picture
This program will focus on increasing children’s awareness of how art fits together with the words of a story. Together we will read a favorite picture book, study the illustrations, and then view and discuss masterpieces connected to the theme of the book. We will conclude with the creation of an art project based on the illustrator’s style. Eric Carle, Leo Lionni, Ed Young and Ian Falconer are just some of wonderful illustrators whose artwork will inspire your students.
Math in Art
What shapes, colors or numbers are we learning about in school? How many of them can we find and identify in museum masterpieces? Come on a special hunt through famous works of art and try to find them!!! Collage workshop.
What feelings do we have throughout the day?…when someone takes something that belongs to us…when we see someone whom we haven’t seen in a very long time…when we celebrate our birthday? What famous faces have shown us these same expressions? Social skills and vocabulary are both touched upon while identifying, validating and discussing these everyday feelings.
FOR ALL AGES AND ABILITIES:
Art of Africa
Art of the Ancient Near East
Art of Greece and Rome
Art of Ancient Egypt
Art of China
Art of Japan
Arms and Armor
Art of Horace Pippin, African American Artist
Art of the Twentieth Century
Cities in Art
Seasons in Art
Sports in Art
Masks and Costumes from around the World
Musical Instruments from around the World
Customized program for special visiting exhibition in local art museum
Customized program for other general studies topics or themes in your class
Need a fundraiser to support our programs at your institution? Click here